[nfbcs] Copying a name

Jeanine Lineback jeanine.lineback at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:43:29 UTC 2012

There are several free utilities you can get to accomplish this
but without a utility you can do it as well.
The way I do this is to:
1. Locate the file name.
2. Once the file has focus press F2. This will place you in edit
mode so that normal editing and navigation commands are
functional. (Be careful because this is how you can rename a
file.)
3. Select the file name using normal selection commands.
4. Copy your selection to the clipboard.
5. Press escape to deactivate editing mode on the file name.
(Pressing escape will cancel any accidental changes you may have
made to the file name.)
6. Move to your document and paste the contents of the clipboard
as usual.
hth