[nfbcs] accessible reading material

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Wed Dec 5 01:11:44 UTC 2012

Howdy folks,
In order to do some work required for my upcoming Ph.D. research, I'm
looking for some accessible materials on cryptography. I need
descriptions of algorithms, including the low level details, such as
that you'd find in the author papers describing them. Source code is not
an acceptable substitute. Does anyone know where I can find materials
like this in an accessible medium? Specifically I need information on
the following:

* AES
* DES
* twofish
* serpent
* cipher text stealing
* xts mode of operation

any help would be greatly appreciated. As a service to the blind
community as a whole (including myself), I intend to write a compilation
of this sort of material in an accessible way and make it available for
free download. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Joe