[nfbcs] NeoSpeech Kate and Paul

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Dec 15 05:19:03 UTC 2012

IRTI has a deal to purchase NeoSpeech Kate and Paul as SAPI5 voices for
$29.95. I've made the purchase but can't get the setup to run properly. I'm
using windows 7 Home Premium on a HP Pavillion laptop with the latest
version of JAWS 14 and Internet Explorer 9. The setup package runs IE but
appears to leave me off in Never-never Land. If I point to the .HTML files
on the CD to run the various parts of the installation, I don't get anywhere
and if I run the AUTORUN.EXE setup, My Documents comes up.

It appears from the printed literature that comes along with the CD that
Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP and windows NT are supported but not
Windows 7. Has anyone had success installing these voices on a Windows 7
machine? Or doesn't this setup know about Windows 7 registry locations?

I'm gonna call IRTI on Monday but would rather get this solved at home
because our environment is a secure one and I will have no access to my home
machine during any daytime call.

I've liked a few hardware producs I've gotten from IIRTI but fear me greatly
I've been ripped off and IRTI doesn't really give a tech support email to
send to in order to get a fast response.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike