[nfbcs] JAWS 14 not Working Correctly on Windows Vista 64 Bit

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sun Dec 16 00:08:55 UTC 2012

I will write FS tech support if no one else has ever had this happen, but I
thought that I would check here first. Recently, I had to have Windows Vista
reinstalled on my laptop because of a hard drive failure. Before the
failure, I had both JAWS 13 and 14 installed, with JAWS 14 starting when the
computer started. Both worked fine. After the reinstallation of Windows, I
first reinstalled JAWS 13, which worked fine, and I then reinstalled JAWS
14. This is when the problems started. JAWS 13 still works fine, but JAWS 14
does not. It does not recognize the caps lock key or the insert key as the
JAWS keys, and the arrow keys seem to skip every other item. Has anyone ever
had something like this happen?

Thanks,
Nicole and JAWS the malfunctioning shark