[nfbcs] Programmers list?

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Tue Jun 5 13:13:53 UTC 2012

On NFB Net, this listserv is the one that comes closest to programming per se.  BlindMath is another NFB Net listserv that often imparts useful information for people in math and science.

Outside of NFB Net, there is a very active listserv for blind programmers, called Program-L.  (BlindProgramming merged into Program-L last fall).  Traffic runs more than 20 messages a day, I guess, and can cover anything from web programming to designing GUIs to the intricacies of Windows programming or problems using the Java Access Bridge,  Visual Studio, XCode or Eclipse.  You can subscribe by sending a message to
  program-l-subscribe at freelists.org
with the subject line "subscribe".  You respond to the confirmation message.

You should also take a look around at www.nonvisualdevelopment.org for many useful resources and programs.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.