[nfbcs] Other software for visually impaired

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 27 14:20:32 UTC 2012

Folks,

I've arranged to meet with the woman who I spoke about in an earlier
message. She needs help with using her scanner on a Windows machine. I still
don't know whether its Win XP or Win 7. I'm not too worried bout that. But I
am going to put together a CD that I can use to install a couple of OCR
packages for her to try out. What other software could I include on the CD?
Keep in mind that this is a somewhat older woman who is a little overwhelmed
by the world as it is. Forget about braille packages.