[nfbcs] Window-Eyes and LaTeX

David Tseng davidct1209 at gmail.com
Sat May 5 00:37:35 UTC 2012

As an alternative, if you're adventurous, there are other options if
you're willing to consider other screen readers or platforms.

LaTeX-access (on sourceforge) attempts to render the tex in a aurally
friendly form by reg ex matching and translating raw sources to
something spoken. The integration with screen readers may be hit or
miss (haven't tried with WE).

There are more elaborate systems like emacspeak + AsTeR if you want a
sophisticated system that actually parses the tex and does a rich text
to speech rendering of the constructs. The learning curve is quite
high though. Composition is a lot easier in linux with emacs and auc
tex but a simple text editor can work to get started.

- David