[nfbcs] Reading BRF Files

Kevin Fjelsted kfjelsted at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:37:29 UTC 2012

I am looking for an efficient solution for efficiently assisting in the reading of BRF files that fulfills the following requirements.

* Can process ".BRF" files from NLS WebBraille, Duxbury, and Megadots sources.
* Portable.
* 40 characters 8 dot Braille.
* Capability to bookmark sections in multiple files simultaneously.
* QUickly search for page number or key text.
* Efficient controls for moving to the next line once a line has been read.
* Reliable.

As a student I am dealing with about 2000 Braille pages a semester.
Embossing this quantity and carrying it with me is out of the questions.
Does anyone have recommendations?
-Kevin