[nfbcs] Reading BRF Files

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Mon May 7 18:50:53 UTC 2012

If portability is not your primary concern, then any forty or eighty cell refreshable display will do. It will probably require being hooked to a computer.  Being a braille reader as well, you may be aware that formatting is changing, so what you think of as properly formatted braille may not be the same thing in the next six months or so. It may help to decide whether the formatting is more important, or getting the information. Most of us get by on displays that do not have forty cells.

If you go with a braille Notetakers, you can get 32 cells. It can advance the braille automatically for you, speeding you up. It will allow you to store braille material on thumb drives or cards. Currently I do not know a braille display that will give you good Nemeth braille.