[nfbcs] JFW tock and frames

Nadia C blindhelpfultech at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:36:51 UTC 2012

Tracy,
I would advise you to have two internet browsers on your system. For
the simple reason that frames and jaws do not always work on IE. The
simple reason new website standers. In regards to edit boxes that is
the clicking you hear, that jaws can sometimes pick up edit boxes to
enter text within a frame, but it might not always read the lable.
That is why I always keep IE and firefox on my systems I work with. If
you want an invite to webvisom I can take care of that. It is a capta
service via invite or request. Invites work quicker than sending in a
access request. Also, users can lable things like graphics, edit boxes
that way their screen reader reads what to put in the edit boxes, even
if they are not marked. If someone labled it everyone will see it.  So
thats the reason for having firefox on your system. Also something to
note if you are using jaws 12 and windows seven and also firefox 11,
upgrade it to firefox 12. It crashes if you are running version 11 of
firefox.One more note, that firefox with jaws 12 and version 12 of
firefox work really. Well that is most of the time. If you would like
an invite to webvisom let me know and I will give you  a code to sign
up. If you are running jaws 12 or 11 and a vista system you can run
windows update to get ie9. If your on xp, that is not a option.

Hope this non technical way of putting things happed. As for having
fun, if you consider that fun, look into going into beta testing and
website creation. With new web standers, comes more junk to overcome
yourself.

On 5/8/12, Nicole B. Torcolini at Home <ntorcolini at wavecable.com> wrote:
> LOL, no, not quite what I would call fun.

>>> clarifications.