[nfbcs] VPN on a Terminal Server

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 9 18:54:56 UTC 2012

Hi Leslie.
One can use VPN, and then connect to Remote Desktop, or one can use just
VPN to get on the server, but then one has to have a way to do whatever
task is required there.
I often connect to work by using VPN to connect, then running a terminal
emulator to connect to the IP.  Or I can run VPN, then, say, ftp to a
secure server, if I need to move files around.
Or I can connect to VPN, then use Remote Desktop to get to my office PC,
and then use my office PC to do what I want, because it's just like I'm
sitting at my desk. But the Remote Desktop has to be set up on both ends,
while the plain VPN doesn't.

Both things start with VPN, but then they branch off, if you see what I mean.
HTH.
Tracy