[nfbcs] Sluggishness of Vinux

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Wed May 16 14:35:08 UTC 2012

If all you're using to edit C++ code is vim, then vim is absolutely accessible.

You'll need to run it inside the gnome termninal, and not as a windowing application.

prompt % vim -X <file>

note that the X is capitalized.

You can also edit the files locally on your windows box and them push
them to linux for compiling, using something like scp, ftp, or even
Samba though I think it may be overkill in this case.

Take Care,

Jim