[nfbcs] Unprotecting Office Documents

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 15:32:40 UTC 2012

Good morning Steve and everyone,

    We always download files to our computer before opening them. This is
exactly what we did with these. We'll try the fixes Curtis Chong and Mike
Freeman shared with us to see if it solves the problem. It would also be
helpful to others if the national office could post these instructions on
the BRAL page to help others experiencing this issue. If this had been done
we wouldn't even be discussing it here.
    The idea of an online contestant logging module for participants should
be persued for future contests. The only formats we saw the reading logs in
were Word and Excel. What happens if someone doesn't have Microsoft Office
but has an Internet connection. It's these folks that would benefit from an
online book logging portal. Thanks again for the help.

Peter Donahue