[nfbcs] ssh client for jwas 13

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Sep 18 16:37:30 UTC 2012

I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for an ssh client that works well
with jaws 13.

I've been using openssh for Windows for years and it has served me well
except for a couple of things. There has always been a problem in that jaws
speaks the keys as you enter your password. Anybody nearby can hear your
password. A problem with jaws 13 is that as you type something at the
command prompt after connecting, jaws reads the entire line with each
keystroke.  Older versions of jaws didn't do that. There is probably some
way to fix it but I don't know enough about jaws scripting to know.

I tried putty but the jaws scripts I've found won't compile. I'm guessing
they're not compatible with jaws 13.

Any other suggestions?

I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for