[nfbcs] accessible cell phones

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-nfbcs at pcdesk.net
Tue Apr 2 05:15:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I may be in the market for a new cell phone in the next couple months. I
was wondering what people know about the accessibility of the Android
operating system, if it is even really useable? Can people suggest some
general models, software versions, etc? In order to avoid sparking the
Apple debate, I'll just say up front I'm almost certainly not interested
in considering the iphone for design philosophy reasons and leave it at
that. I have an old Windows smart phone that I use almost none of the
abilities of just because a lot of the stuff doesn't work well or
because I am not patient enough to deal with the clunky interface. I may
be interested in using Android and writing some software for it if it
works for blind users. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Joe