[nfbcs] web browser problem?

Linda Bloodsaw lbloodsaw2018 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:32:31 UTC 2013

Problems With Google Search Adware
By Lindsay Howell, eHow Contributor
Ehow.com
Google is a powerful search engine that can be used to find information on the Internet. It is possible for adware to "hijack" Google's search results, meaning that when you attempt to click on a search result you are redirected to an advertisement. This can be caused by malware on your computer.

Rootkit Malware
Google search adware can be caused by a form of the Rootkit malware, which causes searches to be redirected to various advertisement and yellow-page sites. When you enter the URL of the site listed in the Google search, you will be taken to the correct page. Clicking on the Google search result itself leads to the adware site.
Switching Internet Browsers
Switching from one Internet browser to another may help with the adware problem; try using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer or vice versa. Reinstalling your browser may help clear up the adware problems as well.
Detecting the Malware
The Rootkit malware is difficult to detect, which means that traditional anti-virus software and scans may not be able to rid the malware from your computer. You can use a Kaspersky utility to scan and detect the malware; this scan takes just a few minutes to run and can help rid it from your computer.