[nfbcs] IE8 download problem

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Mon Feb 4 15:04:15 UTC 2013

Amazon is probably using their cloud player and downloader.  They send you a .amz file and expect their downloader to deal with it.  But IE8 needs to know that you want to open the AMZ file for this process to occur.  Multiple dialogs pop up, and Window-Eyes, at least, doesn't always get focus on the one you must deal with.  But in IE8 on Windows 7, I think that the information bar is appearing in these instances, and I have not tried to change this behavior.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.