[nfbcs] Outlook 2007 searches

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 21:31:52 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I have one computer that is still running Outlook 2007.  As of late,
something interesting has been happening when I've been doing searches on
that particular computer, in my main mail box.

Basically, when I do a CTRL E, I type in whatever search term I'm looking
for and try and execute the search.  Lately, it tells me that there are no
messages that have those search terms in them.

For instance, I wanted to look for all of the messages I had from a
particular person.  I had many that I wanted to move to a folder.  I typed
in his email address, and at first, only a few of the messages came up.after
letting it spend a few minutes doing the search.  I moved them but knew
there were still many more messages from him.  Now, when I try doing the
same search, it tells me there aren't any matches found.  That's simply not
true.

I did the same experiment looking for other specific words in specific
messages, and again, "no matches found."

I thought perhaps I could clear my recent search terms by doing a CTRL E and
then tabbing to "instant search."  No option to delete any of this.

Again, I'm looking for specific terms I know are here.  What's going on with
Outlook 2007?

Thanks.

Jim