[nfbcs] Inaccessible training, again

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Feb 12 16:36:54 UTC 2013

I was recently assigned some online training at work.  It's always been
inaccessible, but I thought I should give it a try and see if somehow they
had changed things.  Nope, still inaccessible.
It's so frustrating, because it's almost accessible, except that there are
lots of unlabeled buttons, and, when they ask a question designed to test
my knowledge before moving on, it's displayed as a picture, with no text.
At which point I'm stuck, and have to stop.
I've complained to Human Resources, to Training, and to some VP in charge
of web-based training.  I just left feedback on the site, trying to
explain the problem.  I really don't know what else to do.  If they really
want me to take this course, they'll have to assign someone to sit with me
and do it, and the boss doesn't want to do that.  So I get no training.
I'm not sure what I'd actually learn from the training, but I guess I'll
never know.
And to add insult to injury, right on top of the training website it says
"empowering people".  Well, not blind people.
I'm just venting my frustration, though if anyone has some idea, I'm open
to suggestions.
Tracy