[nfbcs] Inaccessible training, again

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Feb 12 18:27:37 UTC 2013

I was thinking about something Steve said.  When there were actual human
instructors, I could get them to make things accessible, or at least to
try.  I think it's hard for one person to stand next to another and say,
"No, I don't care about your problems at all." And, if the trainer was
writing on the board, I could ask him or a classmate what was written,
usually.  What's so frustrating about these online courses is that, not
only are they inaccessible, but I can't find anyone to talk to about it
who has the power to do something about it. There's no accountability.
There doesn't even seem to be anyone who's remotely interested.
Tracy