[nfbcs] Inaccessible Training - again

Larry Wayland lhwayland at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 16 19:13:26 UTC 2013

Dave, Gabe
I agree with your points, especially the one about not griping on the job,
but I think discussion should be wide open. Discussion is a normal thing in
the work place and should include accessibility when necessary.
Thinking outside the box is a good idea as well, but not everyone has that
capability, at least to the point necessary to adapt work sites to the
extent some of them need to be adapted.  Engineers are trained to think
outside the box. Not everyone has that ability and there are job situations
where thinking outside the box will do no good at all. I don't see what
could be done to make a customer site accessible if is not. The companies
using the software are not going to let you make changes to the software and
all the work is right there in front of you either you can fill in the boxes
or you can't. If you can talk the companies into letting you try to fix the
problems with scripts or adjust the access software they sure are not going
to give you much time. They want production and I don't blame them. The
software should be accessible from the drawing board. I think only laws
backed by education has any chance of working.