[nfbcs] Inaccessible training, again

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Feb 16 21:42:07 UTC 2013

One problem that I see is that, both from the developer and user points of
view, we are tolerating much more sloppy coding and software, firmware and
hardware useability than we once did. There was a time when where I worked,
workstations would stay "up" for well over a year without a reboot or even
much tinkering. And problems such as memory leaks and other array boundary
problems were nonexistent. Why? Because neither we programmers nor the users
for whom we worked would tolerate it.

Sadly, I see nowhere near the expectations of perfection either among
developers or users today. This makes it tougher for all aspects of reliable
technology -- including accessibility.

Heck; we can't even get someone to solve some of our Windows 7 hangs. If I
had a winning Powerbal ticket. I'd *Love* to tell FS and GW Micro that the
firm that could solve these hangs in a week would get a guaranteed megabuck!
Since I haven't won, though, that isn't likely. (grin)

Mike