[nfbcs] Inaccessiable Training - again

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Sat Feb 16 22:12:39 UTC 2013

I don't mean to question the value of the advice given below. It's all true, of course. But lets not start blaming blind people for accessibility problems. The truth is that to compete against sighted people, you often have to be even more mentally tough and work harder than they do. But lets face it, that's not really fair.
And there is another side to this, you can do everything right and still fail. You might work your tail off establishing a career and then if the vendors of technology products you use make them inaccessible, well you are screwed.

I would never question the value of tips on how a blind person can be the perfect employee. That is one necessary ingredient in building a successful career. You can't succeed without doing the thngs listed below. But they don't guarantee success.