[nfbcs] Trouble with Google

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 22 18:32:26 UTC 2013

Lately, when I search something on Google, and I find what I want and click
on it, what I get is "Search results for" whatever I searched for, and a
bunch of ad links.  Then I can't get back to the results I actually wanted,
and have to close IE, go back to Google, and do my search again.  Second
time, I click on the same link as I did the first time, but second time I
get the info I wanted, and not the ads.  Last time this happened, I heard
Jaws say "redirect" as it went off to show me ads I didn't want.
Do I have some setting wrong?  Is this some new "feature" of Google?  If so,
how do I turn it off?
I am using IE8, with Jaws 14, if it matters.
Tracy