[nfbcs] jaws b.t.s.

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 17:38:24 UTC 2013

Hi all --
I have been using jaws since 3.0 and have always had a problem getting it to
spell the current line or alternatively let me route to pc cursor so I can
arrow around and read the line.
It is a big problem when I am on a screen that contains tooltips, as jaws
won't freeze the full text of the tooltip to give me a chance to spell it
out.
Other examples are in the UI of WMP where I try to read the title of the
current directory. I arrow up to the top element, then go up a level with
shift-tab.
jaws reads the name, as requested, but when I do a say line, it behaves like
i have moved to a completely different part of the screen.
 any ideas welcome.
I do get some success by virtualizing the screen, but even that is iffy.
tx in advance!
--le