[nfbcs] new laptop

Currin, Kevin kwcurrin at live.unc.edu
Sat Feb 23 21:28:19 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have had a Lenovo thinkpad t410 for the past two and a half years. However, its become quite slow and freezes frequently. I know that jaws causes is responsible for a lot of the lag. Would getting a new laptop with more memory at all help with this issue, or does jaws slow computers down the same amount regardless of memory?

I am also looking for a computer that can handle java programming in eclipse and running other things like RNAfold under cygwin.

I've heard that voice over on mac's isn't nearly as powerful as jaws when it comes to doing programming and math/science things with excel and such. Is this true? Should I stick with a PC if I want to do science and programming stuff?

Sorry for the scatteredness of this email.

Thanks,

Kevin