[nfbcs] Java and Eclipse Problem

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Jan 20 18:15:05 UTC 2013

Kevin,

I'm not an expert here so someone else may have another answer.  However, I would make sure that the environment variable is removed.  See if you can get back to Eclipse will work right.  Next, I'm not real
sure that the environment variable is the way to go.  It almost sounds to me that your original problem was one of file associations.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 08:14:47 +0000, Currin, Kevin wrote:

>Hello,

>I recently downloaded Java version 1.7 update 11 and Eclipse for a programming class I just started. At first, everything worked out ok; I could use Eclipse to generate basic java programs. Then I tried using
the windows command line to run java scripts. I ran into a problem with the command line not recognizing javac, so I followed the following online instructions to try and fix this:
>1. Go to control pannel
>2. click system and advanced system settings
>3. go to environment variables
>4. go to system variables
>5. prepend certain directory to path

>The problem is that this did not help with the command line and it also caused Eclipse to stop recognizing java. When I try to use eclipse now, I get a message saying that java is needed and that eclipse
cannot find it in a given directory. I've tried uninstalling both eclipse and java and reinstalling and have tried messing with directories and paths.