[nfbcs] Article on refreshable braille projects

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Tue Jan 29 16:16:10 UTC 2013

Here is the link:

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw140102

Interesting indeed! I've been around the block long enough now to need
Tums for sure when I think of all those things that are just around the
corner when it comes to access to assistive technology. I want it now! I
*need* it now. And a lot of people I know are in the same position, even
here in our prosperous country.

There do seem to be more and more ideas and projects focused on making
refreshable braille affordable and more available for the many. This
cannot be a bad thing. I can't help thinking that the more blind
readers/students/workers/thinkers who can snap up these tools without
that government assistance, the more effect that will have on the market
and availability of the assistive tools... Or am I just being a rosy
optimist there? /lol/

So here is another possibility for advancement, waiting just around the
corner... But there are more and more of those around that same corner
that sooner or later one might just mature enough to let us catch up to
it and grab it!

Tami