[nfbcs] Possible Computer Science Speaking Topics

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 1 14:54:32 UTC 2013

About science & linux... If there is a supercomputer in the world not
running linux, I've never heard of it.  I manage high performance
computing for the Math Department at the University of Wisconsin but we
don't do like real supercomputing. Right now our biggest cluster is just
108 cores. Even so, from what I've seen, everybody who does scientific
computing runs linux.