[nfbcs] New Braille Displays

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Mar 15 15:35:06 UTC 2013

People have been discussing displays based upon these deformable polymers for some years now. Several persons have given presentations to our R&D Committee but so far, it's all vaporware. Some of the unsolved problems include getting such a display to respond quickly enough and getting the display not to deform under pressure of the fingers reading it.
Bottom line: the technology looks promising but that's about it so far. Most of the hype comes from entities looking for research or development money!

Mike Freeman
sent from my iPhone