[nfbcs] Trade schools

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 26 14:38:45 UTC 2013

Pursuant to our discussion a few weeks ago about whether a 4-year CS
degree is required to find employment, I wonder about the results from
trade schools.  I hear ads for many places that say they will teach a
person programming.  Are any of them worthwhile?
I am trying to advise a young blind man who wants to get into programming.
 My first piece of advice was that he should join this list, where he will
get lots of different perspectives.  He's thinking he'll go to a community
college, then get a 4-year CS degree.  Sounds fine.  But, with the huge
cost of 4-year colleges these days, I was wondering if he might do equally
well, and be less in debt, if he went the trade school route. Or is that
all a huge scam?
Tracy