[nfbcs] Trade schools

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Mar 27 22:22:16 UTC 2013

The trade schools specializing in training of handicapped in their local
area had special arrangements with employers such that if a handicapped
person didn't come through that specific system, they'd have their
attempts to even get an interview for employment rejected.  That's what
happened in Pennsylvania with the University of Pennsylvania's Circle
program until the quality of what the program offered employers got too
low for the employers to continue with that special arrangement.  I went
through one of those non-local programs and wasted a year job hunting when
I returned to Pennsylvania back in 1983.  It wasn't until after I got a
job with the Navy in 1989 that the deal with the Circle Program crashed