[nfbcs] Ethics of screen reader friendly development

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue May 21 19:22:50 UTC 2013

Probably the best example of accessibility tools accidently helping
people who are not disabled is voiceover making it way more efficient to
use an IOS device with a bluetooth keyboard:

http://decadentwaste.net/decadentwaste/2011/03/navigate-using-a-bluetooth-keyboard-on-your-ios-device

But I don't think you can justify accessibility entirely in terms of it
being good for everyone, not directly anyway. It's good for everyone in
that it makes us a better, stronger society in the long run.