[nfbcs] virus software

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Nov 20 21:24:48 UTC 2013

Susie,

To my knowledge, Microsoft Security Essentials is the most accessible, even though it is a little strange in some
ways.  One issue I considered is that there have been a number of anti-virus solutions about which people have
raved saying how accessible they are, only to have the next versions break significant parts of the interface for
us.  I think that the awareness of Microsoft of accessibility makes this less likely to happen there.  I also feel
that even if it were to be found to be true that Microsoft is somewhat less effective, that I am still going to be
more likely to run scans and know the product is up-to-date than if I am using another less accessible product.
This has to be brought into the picture when one looks at what offers the best protection.  I will readily admit,
though, that for the past couple of years, I have pretty much given up on experimenting with the latest versions
of other products, so I'm very open to be wrong about this.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson