[nfbcs] Maybe OT: questions re: cloning drives

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri Nov 29 20:50:29 UTC 2013

PS: I'm sorry that message came off way harsher than I wanted it to be;
I'll explain a bit more. That was actually my first idea. The idea of a
clone though is to copy everything over--including those inaccessible
files. The copy expanded a ton of stuff and I didn't do much research
into why, as it also ignored a ton of files that were rather useful. I'm
thinking it might be better to just clone byte for byte the individual
partitions (shrink the partition down on the platter drive, clone then
expand it), but that still leaves me without an MBR. I'm also sort of
contemplating installing windows seven again on the new SSD and just
starting from scratch, which could be really nice either way, it just
means a lot of reinstallation of programs, etc.