[nfbcs] Best techniques for group computer science projects

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Oct 29 02:03:44 UTC 2013

Why is it necessary for everyone to see an entire project?  That rarely
happens in the real world for industrial espionage protection reasons.
Waterfall model gives a project leader the main control module to write.
 Several other modules get mentioned in that main control module.  Each
subordinate is given one of those modules to write with instructions as
to input; processing, or output and what variables to use and what to
use them for along with what constants to use and what to use them for
as well.  Much contract and subcontract work gets done that way.  Any
such project can turn into two projects if maintenance possibilities get
concieved by the project leader but no subordinate is allowed to
maintain the code they wrote.  Everyone swaps with everyone else.  That
very often happens in the real world too.  For a computer science class,
it will teach students that not everybody thinks alike and give each of
the students a window into another student's mind.