[nfbcs] 2 questions: most accessible text editor/compiler andformatting C++ code

I. C. Bray i.c.bray at win.net
Thu Sep 5 17:43:51 UTC 2013

Tara,
You're using VIM in windows?  I use pico or nano on my linux boxes... and
there is a cool editor that a buddy uses for Java-- I'll have to gt back to
you on that, but I shall.

As far as code formatting goes,
That is honestly up to you!!
I personally used to start my  braces at the end of my for / while / etc
line
EX:

While (conditional) then {
   Do [whatever here]
}

OR:

if ( condition1 )
   { subroutine 1
     subroutine 1 cont
   }
   else (condition 2)
    { subroutine 2
     subroutine 2
   }

It depends on how involved the looping structure is-- and how well you
follow code.
I marked my open/close braces sometimes under the column of whatever command
called for them.  That was when I could see... I haven't tried any coding
blind yet.

Hope that helped?

Ian