[nfbcs] You are amazing

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 10 13:58:36 UTC 2013

Hello:

     This topic is more appropriate to the blindkid or pibe-division lists.
A brief answer is that only about 10% of blind children learn braille. There
are an assortment of reasons for this; not enough qualified teachers,
students not given the right amount of instructional time etc.

     I don't often run into the situation you describe, but one time, I was
at the Smithsonian and began reading the braille instriptions on a map to my
sighted friend. I didn't notice, but the area around us got quiet as a
number of people watched the blind man read the map.

Regards,

Robert