[nfbcs] Need important help with Skype!

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 09:25:06 UTC 2013

Hi there,

I need some quick help with Skype.  I have no idea what has happened, but
it's doing something weird or different, and I have an important skype
meeting tomorrow.

I'd not used Skype on my computer for a little bit, and when I tried signing
in with my skype name and password, rather than taking me to the initial
sign in screen, it took me to something telling me to sign in with my
Microsoft account.  I don't even have a Microsoft account, but I literally
had no other choices, and I have not been able to sign in normally.

I looked in the limited menus and such.  I even went so far as to remove the
program and reinstall it.  Nothing has worked, and now every time I activate
Skype, it takes me to the screen asking me to sign in with my Microsoft
Account.

What do I do about this?  I've googled but can't really find any good
answer.

Did the new Skype update have anything to do with this?"

Thanks.

Jim