[nfbcs] Question on learning LaTeX

Ali Abdolrahmani aabdolrahmani at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:40:27 UTC 2014

Dear Members,
My name is ali. i have recently joined University of Maryland
Baltimore County for a PhD program in Human Centered Computing. Since
I have a background in computer science, I found being a member of
this group very helpful. Actually I have decided to learn LaTeX for
developing my academic papers and documents. I have not experienced
this tool before and I have always tried to work with Word. many peple
have suggested me it is the time to shift to LaTeX because it helps me
do things much more in my control. Now I have the following questions:
1. What tool which is accessible enough to my screen reader do you
suggest to download and start writing composing documents? I am mostly
using NVDA and Jaws.
2. Is there any suggestions on good documentation to start learning?

I have rather good programming experience before so i think I can
learn this sort of scripting document with less difficulty.
I would be more than happy to receive your feedback.
Ali

--
Best Regards
Ali Abdolrahmani