[nfbcs] How to open atachments in windows live mail.

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Wed Aug 13 12:54:55 UTC 2014

I use Window-Eyes 8.4 with Live Mail.  Find the attachment with your mouse pointer.  With Window-Eyes this involves turning off Browse mode, shift-tabbing to the announcement of attachments, then routing the mouse pointer to the attachment's button.  Then right-click this button for options which include opening the attachment.  Sometimes it's easier to use Alt-F, S, A to save the attachment (default is in My Documents) and reading it from there.  If you're using JAWS or NVDA I don't know how the first method works, but the second method should work with any screen reader.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.