[nfbcs] Accessible UNIX / LINUX Help Request

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Aug 24 11:16:15 UTC 2014

I wasn't going to comment on this message but for archlinux users
downloading and installing pulseaudio-alsa replaces some default alsa
files and makes pulseaudio the default audio handler.  I ended up having
to do this since not doing this prevented mplayer and vlc from working.
Once this was done though both programs work as well as they can on a
slow satellite provider.  This may help on the latest sonar linux too
since it uses manjaro linux which is a clone of archlinux for its base.
The mate and mate-lite package sets are likely to replace gnome either
on the current version of sonar linux or on an upcoming version.  That
should reduce some bloatware even with orca installed and running.