[nfbcs] Surface Pro Two Silent Power Up

Louis Maher ljmaher at swbell.net
Sat Feb 22 02:04:16 UTC 2014

Folks,

I have acquired a Microsoft Surface Pro Two computer running Windows 8.1.
In most ways, this is a fantastic machine.  A full Windows machine that is
very portable.  I have one issue.  About 30% of the time, when I turn it on,
the login screen is silent.  I am running JAWS 15.0.6025.  On this machine,
windows + enter brings up narrator. Most of the time, when JAWS is silent on
the login screen, narrator is also silent.  Have others noticed this
behavior with Windows 8.1?  I am experimenting with allowing the Windows
Update procedure to download  but not install updates.

Thanks for any help you might give.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone 713-444-7838