[nfbcs] Connecting to VPN in Windows 8.1

Ryan Mann rmann0581 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 01:48:22 UTC 2014

Hello.  Has anybody been able to connect to a VPN in Windows 8.1?  I can connect to my work VPN on Windows 7 computers without a problem. However, when I try to connect to the same VPN with my Windows 8.1 computer, I get an error 947.  When I Google this, I get blog posts that tell me to adjust a setting in the security tab of the VPN to allow these protocols for authentication.  I did this, but I still can't connect to my VPN.  Why can I connect with Windows 7, but nnot with Windows 8.1 and how can I fix this?  I believe Exchange is being used for the VPN.  I don't know if this makes a difference, but for the user name, I need to use the format of mydomain\myusername.

Thanks for any help.
Sent from my iPhone