[nfbcs] The 2014 Meeting of the NFB in Computer Science

Curtis Chong curtischong at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 12 22:21:53 UTC 2014

The 2014 annual meeting of the National Federation of the Blind in Computer
Science will occur on Thursday, July 3 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Registration for the meeting begins at 12:30 p.m.. The meeting location is
the Rosin Center hotel in Orlando, Florida, and the meeting room is Salon 4
on the second level. Persons interested in joining or renewing their
membership in this division will be pleased to know that our dues is still
$5. Here are some of the topics that will be covered during our meeting:

.           We will be devoting part of our time to an interactive
discussion with meeting participants to discuss practical ways to improve
our productivity with the computer. Are there faster ways to start programs,
attach files to an email, extract attachments from an email, compress files,
and re-boot the computer?

.           We will be hearing from representatives of AT&T and LivePerson
who have worked together to develop a nonvisually-accessible interface to
live Web chat, which has historically been difficult to use with screen
access technology.

.           Someone from Discover Technologies will talk to us about a
software solution that makes SharePoint more useful and productive for blind
people using screen access technology.

.           A blind project manager will discuss his job and how he
functions as a successful manager of complex projects.

For further information about the meeting or to find out how you can obtain
an audio recording if you are not able to attend, please contact Curtis
Chong by email at curtischong at earthlink.net or via telephone at
505-508-1978.

Thank you.

Cordially,