[nfbcs] Commercial IT Blindness Accessibility Issues

Michael Baldwin mbaldwin577 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:18:32 UTC 2014

LOL, another government department. The government can't get much right now,
why would this be any different. It is better to add jobs to the private
sector, not to the government.

Government involvement would best be done with a simple law that makes it
mandatory for software companies over a certain gross sales level to make
their software accessible. Also have guidelines for receiving an exemption
on certain software. Example, it would not be necessary to make software
that truck drivers use in their truck to enter log data accessible with
screen readers.

The big issue would be how to define accessible.

Michael