[nfbcs] Mysql install error

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Sat Jun 14 04:15:08 UTC 2014

Hey Michael,

You didn't mention if you'd googled the error.  When I did, I got a
stack overflow page with many suggestions...

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4448467/cant-connect-to-local-mysql-server-through-socket-var-lib-mysql-mysql-sock>

The first thing to try is to make sure mysql is running.  Try this
from a terminal, remove the sudo if you're running as root.

% sudo service mysqld start

Then, see if it's running...

% sudo mysqladmin -u root -p status

After that, check the SO page for more things to check about the
socket's filesystems permissions, etc.

The bottom line though is that somehow the correct mysql socket is not
in /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

Good Luck,

Jim