[nfbcs] Help with website making decision?

Blake Hardin blakehardin5487 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 02:57:26 UTC 2014

Hi all, since there has been allot of talk on here about website
building and such I have a question. I want to create a membership
site for guitar lessons. Now, I am not sure where to go here. I want a
blog section for myself, a forum for the paying members of the site,
and a place where the member can view the lessons. Now, I know I can
do all of this with word press and a few plug ins that will cost me
around $200 or so, but I would need someone to help me set up themes
and such to make it look good. Or, I could have someone build the site
for me from scratch however this is going to cost much much more than
$200 lol. So what are the pros and cons of both? I would probably use
A member pro for the word press plug in because I know it is useable
with jaws. But if people are providing there credit cards to me for
the subscription to the site, how secure is word press? Or is there a
way I can keep the credit cards somewhere else other than the server
itself? If someone were to build the site from scratch, would it be
more secure? Faster loading times? Any help here would be great. I
know people that have an online membership site that they are running
with word press so just thought I would ask to see what the best way I
should go about doing this is.