[nfbcs] NAS Storage

John Heim via nfbcs nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Wed May 14 15:29:14 UTC 2014

Geez, does your wife have a sister?

I'm just joking. I'm a happily married man. Besides, I wouldn't want
some nasty old pre-packaged NAS  anyway. I built my own entertainment
system on a linux box. It uses icecast to stream radio & TV, just the
audio, so I can listen to these programs anywhere in my house. Last
winter, I was actually outside shovelling snow and listening to MASH on
my iPod. Also, I can record anything and turn it into a podcast so I can
download it to my iPod. I have only 170Gb of disk space though. But MP3
audio files are small and I haven't had any trouble with disk space yet.

download them to my iPod and listen to them whenever I want.