[nfbcs] NVDA product question

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 17:14:05 UTC 2014

Hello, Mike. I am delighted that you read the article about NVDA in the
Braille Monitor, and I want to give you a heads up about something that will
appear in the November issue.

We have run two articles talking about free or essentially free software for
blind people, but I wanted the Braille Monitor also to make the case for why
we have for-profit commercial screen readers and what role they play in our
education and employment. I think I found that article, and I hope that it
provokes discussion. The essence of the article is that free might not be
everything it is cracked up to be if we are interested in efficiency, and I
think anyone who is employed knows that efficiency is a key issue.

Thank you for being a reader of the Braille Monitor. Please feel free to
write me with ways in which I can make the publication more responsive to
the things that you want and need. My email address for Monitor-related
issues is gwunder at nfb.org

Warmly,

Gary